CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Grandparents day!!!!!!!!!!!


Mikayla looks forward to grandparents day every year. See Brann's dad lives in Van Buren, it's only like 15 mins from our house, but he's not there very much. Grampy lives in Van Buren but works in Hot Springs and lives there the week and then goes out to his lot on lake Tenkiller on the weekends to get everything together for when we all do come out and stay. This past time we went camping with them we stayed in an unfinished trailer. So maybe next time it will be finished. Anyways when the school has grandparents day he always makes sure he attends. He always rescheduled hearings and other things just to spend that day with his grand kids. It would be nice if all their grandparents would come but Brann's mom and my mom don't think they need to spend much time with our children due to me being a stay at home mom. Which i believe every child needs time with their grandparents no matter what the parents do for a living. Anyways back to to Grandparents day every year they give a snack from back in the day. One year it was moon pies and RC colas, ice cream sandwiches, root beer floats, and this year it was peanuts and cokes. My father in law decided to show the kids what they used to do back in the day. They also had to do what Grampy showed them. Grampy poured his peanuts into his coke and said we used to do this as a kids and it's real good. I had to go up to the school also so that Chasyn could see Grampy too. This year was Katie's first year to participate in Grandparents day and she had no idea Grampy was coming so it was a surprise to her. Mikayla ha just learned something really neat about her Grampy so she was telling everyone that would listen to her that her Grampy got a purple heart in war. She was so excited to learn that one. I have some pics that I'm posting.








1 comments:

Lisa said...

what a wonderful memory for the kids, I wish our grandparents would be more invovled in our kids, my mother in law is the poster grandma, she is amazing.
My father in law is 6 hours away,
My dad is an hour south and my mom, well she is miles away in her head, she comes first is her world, always has so we dont go there with our hearts.
I do the best for my kids and their Mo well she just makes up for everyone else