CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Crafty Critters


I love doing crafts with my children. This past school year I went as far as doing them with Mikayla's whole class every Friday for an hour and half it gave the teacher some down time and the kids and I loved it. But now with it being summer my kids and I find ourselves getting bored so we have been picking up little ideas here and there. As I mentioned we have nationals coming up this weekend so I decided to go and buy some flip flops and some softball ribbon so we could make some super cute flip flops for our sister team. We had also used the same ribbon along with some navy blue to make some hair ribbons. At the moment we are trying to tie dye some shirts for the whole team. I've tie dyed before but this time we are doing a different style so pray it comes out great. I'll have to post some pics of the flip flops, hair ribbons and shirts when we're done. I love doing these things with my children I guess it is how I bond with them and they are artistic so I guess I also try and bring this out in them. Just try and do one simple craft with your kids and see how much fun it will be. It don't have to be organized, planned, or even time consuming. Let it have no rules so they can show you how creative they are.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks like fun! i love to do the same with my granddaughter. You are making great memories with your kids. They will do the same with theirs too.

robbieniccum said...

you go girlfriend! YOU are an awesome mom!!!! I do not havae a crafty bone in my body, and my kids pretty much suffer for it..every once in a while I go to the Dollar Store and let them pick out glitter glue, sticks, and paper but I have no hand in it and as soon as they are done, in the trash it goes! I saw a lady at our church with $5 black flip-flops from Michaels and she bought all kinds of gems to glue to them, I thought OH MY GOSH my girls could so get into that but my (self proclaimed) ADD kicks in and I get all anxious not even knowing where to start..what kind of glue do you use? blah blah blah....all this to say..WOW! I so admire all you crafty creatures : )
AND talk about using your gifts for God...OH MY GOSH! HOw appreciative the teachers had to be for the break..once again..YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!